Honghe guide – Located in southern Yunnan, Honghe prefecture is vast in territory and abundant in tourism resources, with the elegant subtropical view of the southern frontier.
Table of Contents
- 1 Honghe guide – Located in southern Yunnan, Honghe prefecture is vast in territory and abundant in tourism resources, with the elegant subtropical view of the southern frontier.
- 1.1 Honghe map
- 1.2 What to see in Honghe
- 1.2.1 Customs of the Hani People
- 1.2.2 The Hani Village of Qingkou in Yuanyang
- 1.2.3 The Yunnan-Vietnam Railway
- 1.2.4 Vestiges of Mengzi Customhouse
- 1.2.5 The Qihe Tower
- 1.2.6 Ancestral Hall and house clusters of the Chen Family
- 1.2.7 The Zhilin Temple of Jianshui County
- 1.2.8 The Twin Dragon Bridge of Jianshui County
- 1.2.9 Tuanshan Civilian Residences
- 1.2.10 Zhengying Village
- 1.2.11 The Ancient Jianshui Town
- 1.2.12 Shiping Yilong Lake
- 1.2.13 Pingbian Dawei Mountain
- 1.2.14 Jiayin Terraced Fields
- 1.2.15 The Swallow Cave of Jianshui County
- 1.2.16 Alugu Cave Scenic Area | Yunnan Guide
- 1.2.17 Honghe Guide | Yunnan Travel
- 1.2.18 Spectacular Yuanyang rice-paddy terracing images and video
In Honghe prefecture, there is the most magnificent Karst cave of Asia—the Swallow cave in Jianshui, Alugu Cave Scenic Area in Luxi. In addition, there are seven provincial scenic spots, five provincial nature reserves, and sixteen national tourism special lines. Travelling toward the south from Honghe, one can pay a visit to the border of Sino-Vietnam. It needs about one month traveling around all the nearby scenic spots.
Mengzi, the capital city of Honghe prefecture, is 300 km far away from Kunming. It is available by car (about 4 hours) and meter gauge railway (460 km from Kunming to Hekou), about 17 hours.
The name of this prefecture comes from the Red River who crosses it and has it absolutely molded its history and its culture. The region is populated by an exotic mixture of ethnic minorities; in addition to the Hani in fact, which constitutes the largest ethnic group, the area is inhabited by other twelve minorities.
rice cake of Mengzi, Mengzi cross-bridge rice noodles, roast bean curd of Shiping
tin craftworks of Gejiu, violet pottery steam pot made in Jianshui
Tourism Bureau of Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture
Address: Administrative Center of Mengzi County, Honghe prefecture
Tel: 86 873 3732273 Fax: 86 873 3732279
电话：86 873 3732273 传真：86 873 3732279
What to see in Honghe
Images: Oliver Huang, Matteo Damiani