HOMI ASIA DESIGN AWARD, prize born thanks to the partnership between HOMI, the Salon of Lifestyles of Fiera Milano and Sarpi Bridge_Oriental Design Week, was assigned to the best project of Asian design at the ASIA DESIGN MILANO and the FuoriSalone of Milan Design Week.
At its first edition the prize born from the partnership between HOMI, the Salon of Lifestyles of Fiera Milano and SARPI BRIDGE_ORIENTAL DESIGN WEEK, was assigned during the FuoriSalone of MILAN DESIGN WEEK.
HOMI ASIA DESIGN AWARD is the prize that on the occasion of ASIA DESIGN MILANO, platform of Asian creativity in Milan, rewards and promotes Asian design on display in the official circuits of the FuoriSalone of Milan Design Week, one of the most important design week in the world.
HOMI ASIA DESIGN AWARD 2019 was assigned to YUKI YAMAMOTO and his YOY exposed in BRERA DESIGN DISTRICT into the Galleria Clio Calvi Via Pontaccio 17, Milan.
The jury that declared him winner, among the various projects and products of Asian design exhibited in BRERA DESIGN DISTRICT, 5VIE, TORTONA ROCKS, VENTURA FUTURE, VENTURA CENTRALE e PORTA VENEZIA in DESIGN, was formed by a representative of ASIA DESIGN MILANO, a representative of HOMI and by:
– EMANUEL BARBOSA Designer, lecturer and curator, creative director and coordinator of
international design projects. Currently international coordinator and member of the board of the Porto Design Biennale
– MICHELE BRUNELLO Architect and co-founder of DON’T STOP ARCHITECTURE, Creative Director of SINO EUROPEAN INNOVATION INSTITUTE of Milan, co-curator of ACROSS CHINESE CITIES, professor of design and curator of books / architecture publications
– YANLING DUAN Founder of Davosblockbase, Chairwoman of heARTECH Davos 2020, vision architect, artist, curator, entrepreneur of social and community projects; one of the 10 most famous design influencers in China
– ELENA RAHO Co-founder of DO IT_Ideas into Things and HERE Connecting Creativity
– MASSIMO ROSATI Architect, journalist and blogger, design & communication manager, art director and strategic consultant, founder of DESIGN STREET.
The award ceremony took place on April 14th at 6:00 pm in Via Tortona 33 / 5F at DO IT_Ideas into Things – HERE Connecting Creativity headquarters.
CinaOggi.it and China-underground.com are two websites focused on China and Chinese culture. The site includes thousands of articles on this country structured in categories: news, trends, economy, history, art, guides, literature , pictures gallery, videos and Chinese cinema.