Travel to Lincang (临沧) is named after the most important river, the Mekong, Langcang in Chinese.
Table of Contents
- 1 Travel to Lincang (临沧) is named after the most important river, the Mekong, Langcang in Chinese.
- 1.1 Lincang map
- 1.2 Demography
- 1.3 Best Tour Time
- 1.4 On Tour
- 1.5 Local Product:
- 1.6 Events of Ethnic Customs
- 1.7 Travel Information:
- 1.8 What to see in Licang
- 1.8.1 The primordial Wa’s Villages in Wengding
- 1.8.2 Lushi Ancient Town
- 1.8.3 Shuangjiang Clusters of Tea Trees
- 1.8.4 The Guangyun Buddhist Monastery
- 1.8.5 Cangyuan Cliff Paintings
- 1.8.6 The Dachao Moutain of Yun County-Ganhaizi
- 1.8.7 The Nanding River
- 1.8.8 Fengqing Stone Cave Temple
- 1.8.9 National Forest Park of Wulao Moutain
- 1.8.10 Yongde Snow Mountain, Lincang
- 1.8.11 Travel to Lincang, the Mekong’s Magic Land
The region is favored by a warm climate throughout the year and enjoys the reputation of being one of the best climates in Asia.
Scattered around the province there are six great natural reserves, five sites of historical and cultural interest and six panoramic areas.
It is situated on the middle to lower reaches of the Mekong, known as the Lancang in China, and the Salween, or the Nu.
The perfect co-existence of folk-custom, the culture of Dian-Tea, landscape overseas and forest resources results in the unique tourism resources of Lincang.
Lincang is the mountainous home of the Wa ethnic minority and was historically seen as too “wild” to be worth settling by neighboring powers, notably British Burma and ancient China. This may have had some connection to the Wa’s image as head-hunters. [wikipedia]
Best Tour Time
All seasons are suitable for travel.
665km from Kunming to Lincang, flight of 35 minutes. Lincang airport is 22 kilometers from Lincang County.
Wa dried beef, mashed rice mixed with chicken, watery-wine, roast suckling pig of Wa, Dai flavored rice noodles with beef, vinegar-like meat, fresh collybia mushroom, unfermented tea drinks.
gourd of craftwork, handicraft cloth of Wa, handicraft knitting of Dai.
Events of Ethnic Customs
The Sigangli Carnival of the Wa Minority in Cangyuan County
Time: late April-early May, yearly
Place: Cangyuan County of Lincang city
Lincang Tourism Bureau
Address: No.16, Western Nanping Road.
Tel: 86 883 2127788 Fax: 86 883 2130892
电话：86 883 2127788 传真：86 883 2130892