Baoshan guide – Located in western Yunnan, Baoshan (保山) was an important stage on the famous Southwest Silk Road with a rich culture.
Table of Contents
- 1 Baoshan guide – Located in western Yunnan, Baoshan (保山) was an important stage on the famous Southwest Silk Road with a rich culture.
- 1.1 Baoshan map
- 1.2 Best Tour Time
- 1.3 Local Food
- 1.4 Local Products
- 1.5 Travel Information
- 1.6 What to see in Baoshan
- 1.6.1 Tengchong Hot Springs
- 1.6.2 The traditional Tengchong shadow play
- 1.6.3 The ancient Ailao Serial Bells of Baoshan
- 1.6.4 The Temple of the Recumbent Buddha, Baoshan, Yunnan
- 1.6.5 The Yunfeng Mountain
- 1.6.6 Beihai Wetland, Baoshan Prefecture, Yunnan
- 1.6.7 The Dieshui River Waterfall
- 1.6.8 Mount Gaoligong, Baoshan, Yunnan
- 1.6.9 The Graveyard of the National Heroes
- 1.6.10 Heshun | Baoshan | Yunnan Guide
- 1.6.11 Tengchong Guide: the most famous volcano clusters in China
- 1.6.12 Baoshan | Yunnan Travel Guide
The Tengchong National Scenic Area is situated in Tengchong Country of Baoshan Prefecture, having unique volcano clusters and geothermal landscapes.
Traveling along the Myanmar Road, tourists get chances to appreciate the historic relics on the Southern Silk Road as well as the majesty of volcanoes and terrestrial heat; experience ethnic folk customs in ethnic villages; enjoy subtropical views of the Sino-Myanmar border, or appreciate the idyllic scenery of western Yunnan.
Best Tour Time
Baoshan’s climate has the characteristic that yearly difference in temperature is big, while the daily difference is small. Generally speaking, the climate is pleasant and thus suitable for a tour in all seasons.
Baoshan is 571 kilometers from Kunming.
Airway: one return flight between Baoshan and Kunming every day, 40 minutes’ journey, 440 Yuan for a full ticket.
Attention: Baoshan Airport is 9 kilometers from its city center. There is the airport’s bus, 2 Yuan per person. The taxi will not charge by time, 25-30 Yuan.
Highway: 120 Yuan per person for the couchette train from Kunming to Baoshan, 7 hours’ journey; 131.5 Yuan for a luxury bus.
Attention: Dali—Baoshan Road often needs to be repaired for serious overload, so the bus driver always prefers the previous road and it is suggested to make it clear before buying tickets so as to arrange a journey conveniently.
Having Tengchong as its representative and being unique in Yunnan, the local food of Baoshan is characterized by its oily but not greasy flavor, sour-hot and appetizing taste. The most famous specialties are Da Jiujia, Ersi, Erkuai, Da Baopian and Guozi that can be tasted in Tengchong Hotel; and snacks as rice noodles, the pea flour, roast, the sour-hot soup and green peppers mixing with collybia mushroom are all worthy of having a taste.
Jade carving, root carving, rattan work, Tengchong medicine, stone material, paper umbrella, Tou Xinlv fried beans, Lujiang coffee, chess pieces of Yongchang in Baoshan.
Baoshan Tourism Bureau
Address: N0.32, Shangxiang Street of Yongchang town, Longyang district in Baoshan
Tel: 86 875 2122590/2122583
Fax: 86 875 2134767
What to see in Baoshan
Images: Oliver Huang
If you like this article, please help us by making a donation so that we can continue our work. Please help keep us independent.