A study of religion in contemporary China based on field research by Chinese social scientists. Written by a group of scholars at the Religion Research Institute of the Shanghai Academy of Social Sceinces, it responds to the designation of religion as one of the twelve “key topics” for special study by the Sixth Five-Year Plan for Economic Development, an astonishing reversal fo the cultural revolution goal of the eradication of religion completely and forever.
Religion Under Socialism in China
Table of Contents
- 1 Religion Under Socialism in China
- 1.0.1 If you like this article, please help us by making a donation so that we can continue our work. Please help keep us independent.
- 1.0.2 Subscribe to China Underground and get Planet China
- 1.0.3 LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
- 1.0.4 The Garden of Forking Paths by Jorge Luis Borges
- 1.0.5 People who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature. Mo Yan
- 1.0.6 China’s censorship is not as rigorous as everyone thinks. The self-censorship of the authors is much worse. Yan Lianke
- 1.0.7 Chinese Pictures by Isabella Bird
- 1.0.8 Interview with Margaret Sun: Betwixt & Between
- 1.0.9 Betwixt and Between By Margaret Sun
- 1.0.10 The Garden of Forking Paths by Jorge Luis Borges
- 1.0.11 People who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature. Mo Yan
- 1.0.12 China’s censorship is not as rigorous as everyone thinks. The self-censorship of the authors is much worse. Yan Lianke
- 1.0.13 The dramatic escape of the students from PolyU in Hong Kong
- 1.0.14 Hong Kong PolyU is under siege by the police
- 1.0.15 Interview with Jumping Goat
- 1.0.16 The number of pandas in captivity rises to 600 globally
Videos circulating online show the dramatic escape of the protesters from PolyU. Update - According to Hong Kong Free Press, Ip Kin-yuen, an education sector...