A study of religion in contemporary China based on field research by Chinese social scientists. Written by a group of scholars at the Religion Research Institute of the Shanghai Academy of Social Sceinces, it responds to the designation of religion as one of the twelve “key topics” for special study by the Sixth Five-Year Plan for Economic Development, an astonishing reversal fo the cultural revolution goal of the eradication of religion completely and forever.
Religion Under Socialism in China
Table of Contents
- 1 Religion Under Socialism in China
- 1.0.1 Subscribe to China Underground and get Planet China
- 1.0.2 LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
- 1.0.3 Chinese Pictures by Isabella Bird
- 1.0.4 Interview with Margaret Sun: Betwixt & Between
- 1.0.5 Betwixt and Between By Margaret Sun
- 1.0.6 Shanghai Daisy By Daisy Kwok
- 1.0.7 Portraits of trees of Hong Kong and Southern China
- 1.0.8 Interview with Daniel Reid, author and expert on Chinese tradition
- 1.0.9 Chinese Pictures by Isabella Bird
- 1.0.10 Interview with Margaret Sun: Betwixt & Between
- 1.0.11 Betwixt and Between By Margaret Sun
- 1.0.12 A frog in a well cannot conceive of the ocean. Zhuangzi
- 1.0.13 Review of Vortex directed by Jacky Gan
- 1.0.14 “To study and not think is a waste. To think and...
- 1.0.15 “When our thousands of Chinese students abroad return home, you will...
Meaning: of a person who has limited outlook and life experience. From Zhuangzi. 莊子/秋水 Zhuang Zhou (commonly known as Zhuangzi, 庄子, literally "Master Zhuang"), was...