Table of Contents
- 1 Dislocating China
- 2 Dislocating China – This text examines representations of social minorities and majorities in art and public media, their display in popular theme parks, the invention of folklore and creation myths, the role of pilgrimage in constructing local identities, and the impact of globalization and economic reforms on different subaltern communities, in the process illuminating the complexity and diversity of Chinese society.
- 2.0.1 If you like this article, please help us by making a donation so that we can continue our work. Please help keep us independent.
- 2.0.2 Subscribe to China Underground and get Planet China
- 2.0.3 LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
- 2.0.4 The Garden of Forking Paths by Jorge Luis Borges
- 2.0.5 People who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature. Mo Yan
- 2.0.6 China’s censorship is not as rigorous as everyone thinks. The self-censorship of the authors is much worse. Yan Lianke
- 2.0.7 Chinese Pictures by Isabella Bird
- 2.0.8 Interview with Margaret Sun: Betwixt & Between
- 2.0.9 Betwixt and Between By Margaret Sun
- 2.0.10 The Garden of Forking Paths by Jorge Luis Borges
- 2.0.11 People who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature. Mo Yan
- 2.0.12 China’s censorship is not as rigorous as everyone thinks. The self-censorship of the authors is much worse. Yan Lianke
- 2.0.13 Interview with Jumping Goat
- 2.0.14 The number of pandas in captivity rises to 600 globally
- 2.0.15 Two People Hospitalised With Deadly Pneumonic Plague in China
- 2.0.16 51 children injured after man sprays caustic soda in a kindergarten...
Jumping Goat （跳山羊）is a post-punk, garage noise band from Xi'An, the ancient capital of China. In October Jumping Goat released their debut album 'Walking on...