A 58-year-old man in Wuhan, Hubei Province, hospitalized for a suspected case of pneumonia and tuberculosis, accidentally lit himself, lighting a cigarette while wearing an oxygen mask.

According to Apple Daily, the oxygen immediately caught fire, burning the man’s face.

The man, an avid smoker, at the beginning of January was admitted to the hospital for dyspnea, a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart.

Du Ronghui, director of the department, said the man suffered from a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, accompanied by TB.

To treat illness, family members and doctors advised him not to smoke.

However, Chen, this is the man’s name, during his hospital stay, sometimes used to sneak into the bathroom and smoke in secret.

On the evening of 17 January, probably the man dared too much, lighting a cigarette while wearing the oxygen mask. The nurses came running over the man’s screams. A nurse found the cigarettes and the lighter in her pockets.

Fortunately, Mr. Chen has not suffered severe burns and is in good health.

Source: Apple Daily via reddit

Subscribe to China Underground to get all the latest updates

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Avatar
China-Undergroundhttp://china-underground.com
CinaOggi.it and China-underground.com are two websites focused on China and Chinese culture. The site includes thousands of articles on this country structured in categories: news, trends, economy, history, art, guides, literature , pictures gallery, videos and Chinese cinema.